ISIC launched a public transport card exclusively designed for international students. By a swipe of the card, you easily check "in" and "out" of all available public transport options in the Netherlands.
The ISIC mobility card offers:
• Access to and pay for all public transport companies with one card
• An easy and straightforward application process in English
• Distribution at your university upon arrival, or send directly to your Dutch address
• ISIC ID: 1-year membership with access to the largest student discount network around the world
Upon arrival you connect your card for a €2,50 monthly fee and use the discount and all the mobility services:
• Monthly payment by connection to a debit/credit card or bank.
• Receive 15% discount off-peak hours from NS (National Railway)
• The ISIC mobility app for insights in your travels and custom offers
• Customer support
Whether you're traveling to your new university from the airport or otherwise, you most likely will take the train. You can now order your first train ticket from ISIC for great student fares.
We offer two options, with both tickets you can get on the train at any Dutch station, and get off wherever you want. You will receive a personal voucher and extra info after the order!
1. Off-peak hour ticket for 11 EUR (weekdays after 9 am, and entire weekends)
2. All hours ticket for 16,50 EUR
Train tickets in the Netherlands are expensive, for example:
Schiphol Airport to Groningen / Maastricht / Enschede / Eindhoven / Wageningen / Tilburg / Nijmegen / Arnhem etc. are 20 EUR or more!
* Traveling to Amsterdam? A ticket Schiphol Airport - Amsterdam central is 4,50 EUR, so this product is not relevant for you! Check all ticket prices at www.ns.nl/en, and discover if, and how much you save!
The main form of transport in the Netherlands is cycling. Using your bike is safe, quick and cheap! Buying a bike is easy, but maintenance is costly and selling is a pain in the ass. That's why ISIC thinks a lease-bike, including maintenance, is the way to go for international students. Switch when broken and free maintenance service. All for an affordable, fixed, monthly fee.
The bike will be delivered during the introduction days of your university, or at your Dutch residence. It even comes with a big chain lock which you definitely need.
ISIC believes you should live like a local for the short time you are in the Netherlands. The bike lease plan is simple and straightforward and looks like this:
- Fixed monthly low rate > 10-15 EUR p.m.
- Monthly terminable contracts
- Maintenance costs covered
- Delivered upon arrival to your university or at your Dutch home address within 2 days
* Deposit Fee:
- Grandma Bike €65
- City-Bike men & women €55
* ISIC is not the provider of this service and will not charge you if you add this to your basket, we will send you the links to order the bikes and complete your order.
Please start over, or go back to the home page.
Just finish the checkout and you are all set.